Author: International Code Council
Publisher: International Code Council
Type: Soft Cover
This comprehensive code for homebuilding combines building, plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas, energy, and electrical provisions into a single resource. The 2015 International Residential Code For One- and Two- Family Dwellings Softbound Version uses these provisions to provide detailed insight into the construction of one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories high. Using foundational principles that facilitate the use of new materials and building designs to guide the content, this reference guide also establishes minimum regulations using prescriptive provisions.
New in the 2015 IBC®
Key changes include:
- New Seismic Design Categories maps.
- Wind design including new maps.
- Exterior wall clearances to lot lines.
- Wireless smoke alarms.
- Prescriptive roof connections to resist wind uplift forces.
- Required clearance between townhouse separation walls and roof penetrations.
- Prescriptive requirements for isolated masonry pier foundations.
- Gypsum board under non fire-resistance rated floor assemblies.
- Wall bracing provisions including a new simplified method.
- Prescriptive design of whole-house ventilation systems.
- Gray water recycling systems.
About the Author
ICC is a leading organization dedicated to developing a single set of comprehensive and coordinated national model construction codes. 48 states have adopted various International Codes from ICC.